Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

more food!

i think every person see the world differently, everyone's got something a little weird about them in that way, and the only difference between artists and ...everyone else, is that we want everyone to see how we see.
sometimes it's easy to portray, (though it might be hard to make.) i've never seen a painting of a mountain that might have been something else, ever. i know realism is hard to execute, but nothing hurts more than doing stylized impressionism and people say they see everything, but what you want it to be...maybe i should paint a kitchen sink. that aside here's more food paintings!


this is a crowd favorite, and admittedly one of my most misinterpreted.
STORY TIME!:
my father plays video games, i love it. my brothers and i used to wonder where we got all the geek from, and now it's fairly obvious. i love playing with him, it's fun seeing him get as mad at the tv as he used to when we came home with Cs. he has this habit of never knowing the monsters names, (who does?) but because he needs some name to yell out he makes up nicknames based on the monsters opinions. for example: blue dog, zombie mouse, evil tic-tac.
this is all fun and games, but in dad's increasing age, he's starting to wake up early and earlier.
and with nothing else to do, what's he going to do? play video games. so put yourself in my shoes, you ARE a sleeping artist, and at 5:00 in the morning your geek father yells out in complete and utter rage "DIE YOU PURPLE FLYING ONION!!!" what would you do?
that's right you skip changing out of your pajamas and breakfast, and go straight to painting.


here's my most realistic painting, according to me that is. i kind of super love how this turned out, and my lovely sister (Sarah C.) bought it saying, "uh, i'm a teacher it's against my contract not to buy as much stuff containing apples as i possibly can!"


these peas please me...se. originally they were just the faces i could think of, then i realized it was the mood cycle i went through during my college chem. lab.
stage 1: dop-pea (not getting what we were supposed to do)
stage 2: grump-pea (about not getting what we were supposed to do)
stage 3: hap-pea (that we are done)
stage 4: sleep-pea (cause that took a lot of energy to pretend to understand what we did)



ah my latest food to date. i made this for my buddy Kim G. she's giving me ideas and supporting me with everything more than anyone, ever. i love her and her husband Aaron G. and you'll see more of the things they've helped me with soon.

you guys have a good day, i'm going to get schooled.
-grumpy

No comments:

Post a Comment